Sunday, July 15, 2012

Outer Hebrides Islands

We are now watching the BBC TV series Coast and one episode was about the Outer Hebrides islands. Looks like an amazing place, with rough cliffs and the elements pounding them.

Ireland's coast was also quite amazing, even though I was not really impressed with the Cliffs of Moher.  To me they seemed a bit over-sold for American tourists.
Not impressed


Northern Ireland does have the Giant's Causeway, and when I first heard about it, we jumped in our car and drove up there.  This place I did enjoy and it's one of my favorite places on the Irish Island.

Now when we watched Coast, and they showed the Outer Hebrides, I also want to jump in my car and visit them!

What also amazed me is the wild-life, and the Puffin birds.  These guys live in caves on land, look like tropical birds, mate for life and can dive down to 60m underwater.  Amazing.
Proud little guy

No comments:

Post a Comment